The hills are alive... With the sound of laughter??

The smartest three year old in the world lives in the house opposite mine. Kezia can read. Actually READ! She reads the newspaper headlines to her uncle, reads me fairy tales and reads road signs to impress her grandpa.

Anyway... My friends had come over for my birthday and we were eating lunch with my family and Kezi. She wanted to see her dog and so both of us went to the front gate of my house and were saying 'Hi' to Nimmy, her dog who was reciprocating with 'I miss you too' whines. Suddenly, Kezia's ears peaked up and she dragged me to the dining room, pointed and said with a glorious expression on her face, 'Laughing. They are laughing'.

You'd have thought they were turning water into wine (no offense, God) if you went by the excitement on her face.

And that made me choose my #1 on my List of Favorite sounds right before 'The sound of rain on a metal roof' and 'The sound of popcorn in the microwave'...
My #1 is... (drumroll please)-----The Laughter of people I love.

Comments

  1. Ah Keziah... Love her, she called me beautiful! Is there some way I can stop liking the way you write? I read this post like 3 times, just to let it ring in my head. Hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget shar.. She also prayed 'Please Lord. Let Sharon akka and Betty akka go to heaven....(and with much emphasis) not to hell'. All fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts